Monday, June 7, 2010

Bountiful Baskets~ GET ON IT!!!!

Yummy yummy fruit! The blackberries were sweet and delicious!
$2 a piece at Fred Meyers. Are you kidding me??
The Breakdown

1 pkg Blackberries
1 Honeydew 
1 LARGE head of Romaine Lettuce
1 large bag Red Grapes
2 butternut squash
3 Red Bell Peppers 
4 Beefsteak Tomatoes
6 Gala Apples
7 Ears Yellow Corn
8 Bananas
9 Peaches
17 Baby Bok Choy


My fabulous friend and bargain shopper Dana told me about this co-op about a month ago. For $16 ($15+ $1 handling fee), yes SIXTEEN dollars you get all this every week. It is a non-profit organization out of Arizona that thinks that families should be able to have fabulous, fresh, in season fruits and vegetables at reasonable prices. To learn more, go to www.bountifulbaskets.org. You can find out all of the details about ordering and pick up. It’s brilliant, and available in many states. Pricing it out, you would pay between $30 and $45 for all of this. They try to give you 6 fruit items, and 6 veggie items, they also try to put an exotic item in each week. Last time it was a Coconut, this week…Baby Bok Choy. You don’t choose what you get, you just show up and take what they give you. Organic baskets are also available for $10 more.  A few pieces of info- I just saw corn for 79cents a piece at Winco, blackberries are over $3 a package and NOT even kidding, last week at Fred Meyer…..Red Bell Peppers were quite literally $2 a piece. When I told Kevin, he said he was going to become a Red Pepper farmer. Everything we have had has been delicious. We grilled some of our Bok Choy brushed with homemade garlic oil…FABULOUS!!! I’m happy to share my recipe if anyone is interested. I’m totally sold, and want to tell as many people as I can about it. It’s a little tricky at first, so if you have questions please don’t hesitate to ask. A word of advice…sign up earlier than later. They run out of available baskets fast. Happy basket shopping!




4 comments:

Stacy said...

My sister has told me about this. Now after your post I for sure am going to try it out. Thanks for sharing such good info!

Dana said...

I am so happy you love it!! We get it every week now. I am in love with it. I do want your bok choy recipe. We have pretty much had it in every meal this week and I am out of recipe ideas.

Tiffany said...

I kept hearing about these "bountiful baskets" ... now you've inspired me. You need to let me in on the details. Great pics as well. I love how you can find inspiration in just about everything, even red peppers. :)

Anonymous said...

微信聊天互动游戏 , 聊天互动游戏 , 聊天互动话题 , 视频美女聊天 , 美女聊天室哪个好 , 美女裸体免费聊天网站 , 不夜城美女聊天室 , 美女聊天qq , 网上聊天技巧大全 , 美女视频直播