Our dear friend Holly came and took pictures of our family the night Lily was born. She is so wonderful!
(I am wearing a shirt by the way. It's just cropped close so you can't tell)
We had our baby!! Lily Elizabeth White was born Tuesday September 9, 2008 at 3:30am at home. She weighed 8lb 2oz, 20 3/4inches long. Total time in labor was 1 hour 15 minutes. It's a pretty miraculous story really. My labor began at 2:15am with my water breaking. I got up & decided to shower & get all ready before I woke up Kevin. Contractions began immediately but were very mild (at first). I began to notice however that they were already 1-2 minutes apart and growing stronger by the minute (literally). Holy toledo!!! This was really happening. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wouldn't be applying makeup or drying my hair, and that I needed to get Kevin up. After waking him up (around 2:45am)I had him run upstairs and start a bath for me and call our midwife. We were planning a home birth (which is good because we wouldn't have made it to the hospital anyway) and had two storage tubs full of supplies for our home birth downstairs which didn't make it up until after she was born. My contractions were so close that I had one contraction downstairs in our bathroom and ran straight upstairs to get in the tub, but had to stop at the kitchen table to have another contraction. This was only a 14 second journey. They were so close and intense. There are a surprising amount of details (which I'll leave out for now) for how short the labor was, but around 3:20am I got my first urge to push (this was only 30 minutes after we called our midwife). Our midwife was on her way but had not yet arrived. Within four pushes our little Lily was born into my hands. Kevin was holding me from behind. She came out pink and healthy, and neither of us were scared at any moment. We both knew that things would be just fine. Then there she was!! Beautiful, crying and our new little girl! I don't really know how to best describe the sacred experience it was for Kevin & I to be on our own doing this. It was an incredible thing for us to share as a couple. I'm so lucky to have the great husband that I do!!! He was so sure and steady through it all, I couldn't have done it without his love and support! Our midwife Tina arrived within 5 minutes after she was born. What a great moment that was to have her walk in and there I was holding my little girl that I was able to catch. There has been such a wonderful feeling in our home from the sweet little spirit Lily has brought with her!! I'll post later about Lucy meeting Lily and the sweet bond that is there already. Lucy absolutely LOVES her baby sister!






12 comments:
Allie that is such a beautiful and amazing story. I am amazed you and Kevin did that all by yourself. I'm sure that was such a special moment you could not even describe exaclty how you felt. Conrats to you both! Your daughter is beautiful! I will call you sometime this week. I would love to be able to come see her. Love you lots, Stacy
So happy for you all. What a wonderful experience! I'm glad all went smoothly and Lily is doing well!
I just talked to your mom on the phone Allie. I am so proud of you. There is so much beauty in this birth story that I kept tearing up over the phone. I am so glad that you and Kevin had this wonderful experience and now have another beautiful daughter. I love you!
Tears streaming down my face. Thank you for sharing that experience.
That is so sweet! And you look fabulous!! :) Congrats!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your birth story. What a special and sacred experience. Allie- You are such a wonderful and beautiful person, you always have been. You were a delightful little girl- Just like your girls.
I would love to hear the rest of the "details".
Blessings to you.
Love, Heidi
Congratulations!! But do you know how many enemies you have made by having such THE perfect labor??!! Of course we wouldn't want it any other way! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Congratulations Allie and Kevin! She is absolutely beautiful! We are so happy for you guys!
I am so glad you were able to have a home birth like you wanted. What an amazing experience! Thank you for sharing! She is a beautiful baby.
Go Ali! Go Ali! Good Work!!!
Congrats Allie and Kevin! She is a beautiful baby, and I'm glad things went so well!
Lots of Love, Michelle D.
Oh my gosh, I can't believe that story!!! How crazy. I bet you guys were glad she came okay and everything went so well. Congrats on the new baby, well I guess she's 4 months old now, but better late than never. If you want to visit my blog jmlfurniss@blogspot.com Take care and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment