This was Lucy holding Lily for the first time. Lily was about 5 hours old.
I love that they are looking at each other. It's so sweet!!!
Hello all! I realize that it has taken me a while to post more pictures, but life has not allowed me to get on the computer & actually spend some time for a while. Not to mention that I have never been a consistent blogger. These are pictures of the girls in the first two weeks of Lily's life. Kevin & I will never forget the look on Lucy's face when my Mom brought her in the room to meet Lily for the first time. We talked to Lucy throughout my entire pregnancy about what was going on, and that soon she would meet "baby sister". We showed her some videos about babies being born and siblings. We hoped that it would help her to grasp what was going to happen. When she came in that room and we said "Lucy, this is baby sister", she gave the quintessential "Christmas Morning" look. It was one of the most magical moments I have experienced as a parent. Lucy smiled from ear to ear. She got kind of giddy, and the first words out of her mouth were "baby I hold you? I hold you?". It has been incredible to watch these little ones discover each other and begin their relationship as sisters and friends. I now know what it feels like to desire a closeness to exist between my children! I want so greatly for them to be dear friends in addition to being siblings!! Lucy wants so badly to help me with Lily! She loves to bring the diapers, hold the diapers, throw away the diapers (I love each of those things by the way). She gets very concerned when she comes in a room and doesn't know where Lily is. "Baby sister, baby sister!!!" is what she will shout as she runs around looking for where the baby is. She is so gentle with her, and has adjusted very well to a very new situation. We are so blessed to have these beautiful little girls!





3 comments:
Adorable ... the end.
They are both beautiful!!! with their own unique look!!! It is funny as they grow some times they look more like you and some times the other parent!! Have fun!!!
What beautiful girls you have.
I am still so in awe of your amazing and wonderful birth story. Not many people get to experience something that wonderful in this life!
Blessings to you!
h
Post a Comment