I would just like to begin by saying that I am admittedly the worst blogger I know! I rarely post new pics and don't really ever give an update on our family. Well, pictures will follow & here is an update!
Kevin is VERY busy getting ready for the end of the semester and will defend his thesis proposal today at noon! Good Luck Honey!!! YOU ROCK!!! He has worked tirelessly and I am so proud of him. He has been juggling a lot this semester with new baby, teaching a statistics class, taking a class, working, all of the ups & downs of life, etc etc etc. He has really been through a lot and I am so grateful for all of his hard work for our family! I am truly blessed with such an incredible companion and best friend! The job will come, the home will come! There are a lot of exciting things that are in our very near future!
Lucy is 2 years old now and the most wonderful little lady ever (next to her sister of course)!! She makes us laugh every day with the new things she will come up with and say. Whenever she yawns she says to us "I'm tired" in the most adorable little voice you have ever heard. She is independent and spunky just like her Mama. I thought she would be a mild little thing like her Dad because of the low key baby she was. Boy has she come out with bells on her toes! She is just so full of personality. She does the sweetest, funniest things that just melt our hearts on a regular basis. Today we walked in from church (we are still living with Kevin's Mom & Dad, Thank you thank you!!!) and Lucy put her hands on either side of her mouth and yelled out "Gwampa, whey awe you"? We just looked at each other and laughed so hard. We are truly blessed to have this little princess in our lives! She constantly creates an environment of love and joy in our home, not to mention that she is the worlds best big sister ever! I prayed that the transition with Lily would be a smooth one, and it has been picture perfect. Lucy loves her little sister and showers her with kisses and love. She is a wonderful helper to Mom and has to know where Lily is at all times.
Lily is almost 3 months old and is the most perfect baby I've ever even heard of (OK I'm exaggerating, and I'm horribly biased, but she really is remarkably.....perfect!)!!! I would first off like to say that these little people just come the way they are going to be, and we are so blessed with this little angel girl. She has brought the most wonderful spirit of love into our home. My Dad and Grandmother were recently here visiting us and were both astounded at what a good baby she is. She is CONSTANTLY content and happy. She has smiles for everyone and has begun to giggle. About 2 weeks ago she started crying for no reason and almost cried for 5 minutes straight. I just about took her to the ER!! O.k., o.k., not really but it was that abnormal. She is really beginning to take interest in her big sister and will smile and coo at her without Lucy doing anything more than looking at her. It is a joy to watch.
I'm staying busy being Mom, Wife, etc. I love my job!! Can I just say that? I LOVE MY JOB!!! I am so blessed to get to spend every day with my little girls! We have so much fun and I am regularly astounded by what a truly blessed life I have. I spend my days keeping very busy and loving 97% of the minutes. I think I worry too much about doing it all perfectly. As my Mom says to me, I need to "Put myself on the gentle cycle" more often. All in all, I have to say I'm feeling like I'm doing alright. I am continually looking for creative outlets for my girls & I, even if it's no more than reorganizing a shelf (that might not sound creative to everyone, but it sometimes requires a great deal of creativity). I have loved decorating for the Holiday season, and am looking forward to the month long celebrations. It has been fun with Lucy this year, especially as she is able to help out with more and more as she gets older. She loves to be Mommy's little helper and I love watching her attempt to do everything by herself. "It's Lucy's turn" is heard around this house about 300 times a day. She often refers to herself in the third person, which is also adorable. We are working on that. Kevin & I have been doing our share of singing as a couple lately for different church Christmas activities and I am grateful for the opportunities we have had. It's been fun to prepare and even more fun to perform. I love that we can share that as a couple.
Well boys & girls... I hope that the spirit of the Holidays touches each of your hearts! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and the very best wishes for a happy new year! I pray that we may each look to the future with optimism and hope! I think the world would try to tear us down right now and destroy our faith in good things. Ladies and Gentlemen incredible things lie ahead! I know that without a doubt. Be a force for good! Find joy in things yet to come and know that you are loved and cared for by my family! Happy Holidays!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Happy Holidays!
Posted by Allie White at 1:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Allie,
It was good to get your update. It sure has been way too long. Well I'm excited to see you so soon. Thanks for being such an incredible friend and always being willing to listen to my melt downs. It is so good to know when I'm feeling down I can always call you. It means more than you know. Love ya!
It was fun seeing you at hairspray. Your girls are beautiful.
It is great to get an update! Your girls are sooo sweet!
Have a wonderful Christmas! Tell your mom hello- and that I love her!
And you too Allie!
Much Love!
Heidi
PS have you been watching the Office?
I am ever the addict.
h
I have been thinking about you all lately!! I am glad I found your blog and that you are all doing well! What an amazing birthing story-you toally rock! I think I would've freaked out for sure!! I really miss the days of you and Katie. If I never told you then I will tell you now: you are an amazing person and I always looked up to you two! Thank you for making my college transition easier, and for making my singles ward experience fun!! Love you all tons! Oh and congrats on baby #2-I haven't seen you since baby #1 was little!!
Liz (murphy)
Post a Comment