Oh my goodness! It has been far too long since I posted anything, and we have plenty to share.
Our first and greatest news is that Kevin turned in his Thesis yesterday, and he is graduating this semester with his Masters in Sociology. YEAH!!!!!! Go Daddy! He has worked so hard these last few months. He would get up in the morning, go to school, stay until he had to go to work at three o'clock, come home and have dinner, and then go back to school till around midnight. We have had a long semester to say the least. I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard, and the finished product is OUTSTANDING!!!! We are so excited to see him walk across that stage on May 9th. Woohoo!
Lucy is doing fabulous! She is talking and talking all the time. She loves to wear her princess dress, and shoes. She LOVES to play with her little sister, and keeps all of us thoroughly entertained. We have been going to Kindermusik for the last few months, and she gets SOOO excited every Tuesday when it rolls around. It's a little Mommy/child group that teaches music, movement etc. I really love the curriculum, and Lucy is learning so much. If there is an opportunity to play with friends, she is on board baby! Social butterfly for sure (I wonder where she gets it????). The funny things she says are so great!!
Mom:"Lucy, what are you doing"?
Lucy: "Fine".
Mom: "Lucy, are you OK"?
Lucy: "Yes, I'n (yes it's an N) alright"
Dad: "Are you sad"? (if she is crying over the latest tragedy)
Lucy: "Yes, see...look at my eyes....I'n (again N) sad"
Her "babing suite" is also her favorite thing to wear from sun up to sun down. She spent the night at my Moms, and didn't want to take her babing suite off, so my mom had her put her coat on, and had to turn up the heat (Aren't Grandma's the best? And Grandma sleepovers!!!). She's a real dolly!
Lily turned 7 months old this week. She is another little mobile lady. She was rolling over every way you can in her 3rd month. She was crawling in her 5th month, and she started to pull herself up and stand almost immediately after learning to crawl. Lucy walked at 9 months, and I think that my Lillers just might beat that. Although it always makes you proud to see your little one do new things, I can't say I was totally ready for mobility yet. She's into everything, but the cuteness makes that alright. She has beautiful blue eyes, and she is the happiest baby you ever saw. She is always cooing, and talking. She started to clap in the last couple of days which is so sweet to see. She has been such a blessing, and brought so much joy into our home.
I am personally as busy as can be. I've got my two little ladies to take care of full time (which I LOVE!!!), I recently got a 10 hour job up at the Health Department in lactation support. I teach a breastfeeding class once a week, and work with 40-60 clients individually. I can do in-home, and in-hospital visits, and provide moms with help, and answers to their questions. My primary form of contact is over the phone, which is also awesome because it allows me to do 90% of the work from home. They have been so flexible with my kiddos, and I have been blessed to have them support that part of my life so much. It's VERY rewarding, and VERY difficult at the same time. I want so badly to help these ladies in the ways they need, but it's difficult to get people to ask for what they need. So there's a lot of guess work involved. I also have to put my agenda totally aside, and simply help support them with what their choices are. I'm happy to do that, but I am continually learning the art of disassociating myself. I don't want that to sound like a bad thing, I just have a hard time not taking on the stress of others sometimes. It's definitely hard to watch a new mom struggle with a new sweet little one. I'm loving the work though, and I love that I can do all of it from home (with the exception of the breast feeding class). I am taking pictures professionally now as well, and that has kept me plenty occupied. I am working on a blog and I have some pictures up, but as you have seen from my blogging habits it will take some self discipline to get it all put together. The url is www.alliewhitephotography.blogspot.com. I give that reluctantly as it is SUCH a work in progress. At least you can see some of what I am doing. So, that's my little load of fun. I'm loving my life, I'm loving my family, I'm loving all of the wonderful things that are going on, and I'm excited for the new things that lay ahead for my family!
I hope that all of you have a wonderful Easter, and that you and your families are happy, healthy, and successful. Hopefully it won't be six months before I blog again.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
WOW!!!! Where have we been?
Posted by Allie White at 8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
YAY for Kevin!!! I'm so excited for you and so happy you get a break for a while. That studying schedule sounds like Brandon's. NO FUN! Sounds like the girls are doing well and that things are going well for you. I'm excited to catch up. I come home in a couple weeks, i'd love to stop by and say hello. Talk to you soon.
Congrats to you all...it sounds like everyone is hitting milestones!! I would like to know what your business blog is...I also do photos here where we live and I would love to see your work!! Glad to hear you all are well!!!!
i talked to your mom recently and got a little update on you guys from her. congrats to kevin! and congrats on your new job too! i was at the home birth with stacy (and tina when she got there) as well. what a neat experience. your photography is wonderful! what kind of camera do you use?
WOW! Congrats Kevin!! Y'all have the cutest girls. Cool that you're a lactation consultant! i could be too by now, ;) Will have to go check out your new photography blog. Awesome that you started one. Sounds like y'all have a lot going on, but are having fun too.
That is so exciting for Kevin and your whole family. Holy cow your girls are overachievers! My kids were barely crawling at about 9 months!
Great to see your blog updated! I love looking in on your "sweet little ladies". They are ADORABLE
Love, h!
Awesome! I did not have high hopes this morning when I clicked on my bookmark just to check . . . congratulations to Kevin (and what a cutie - the last photo I saw of him he (and you) were modeling The Wig). I'm delighted to hear of your work with nursing mothers too. I can't think of anyone more empathetic and enthusiastic to teach women about such a fundamental (but not always easy) way to nourish and nurture their babies - you go lady! Love your little ladies' pix too;)
Allie! How are you? Your kids are adorable and it sounds like things are going great for you. I am glad I found you blog so we can keep in touch better!
Hey Allie, I just recently noticed your request on my blog so I wanted to let you know you should get an invite. Sometimes if you don't log in soon, your invite expires (it's happpened to me) so if that does happen, just let me know and I can resend it. I sent ya an email too; I'm not sure which you check more frequently. Thanks, Angela
Post a Comment