My cup runneth over!! I look around at my world lately and am continually grateful for the bounty I enjoy in this life.
My Kevvy. I have an absolutely incredible husband! He my other half and best friend. He makes me laugh, lets me cry, thinks of me first, and encourages me to spread my wings and be my very best self. Kind of corny I know, but so very true. I have held his hand through some ups and downs this year, and I am so blessed to be walking this path of life with such a man as he. I love you my husband!
My Girls....how could I possibly put into words what they are to my life? I experience JOY every single day. I am continually astonished by the beautiful things they teach me through their unabashed, vibrant love of life. They face each day excited, with a desire to experience joy in every moment! They are fabulous! So happy to just be alive. They are of course human with plenty of things that we are continually working to improve, but all in all I spend my days with two bright little rays of sunshine. They (along with their hunky papa) reaffirm to me that this life can offer unimaginable happiness.
I have been offered many opportunities for growth and learning this past year. Along my little journey I have laughed and cried (sometimes simultaneously) many many times. I have learned some fantastic things that I pray I will never forget!
First lesson I'm working on mastering, if you look for the good you will be sure to find it all around you. I choose to be happy (and YES it is a choice)! We each have the opportunity to paint the pictures of our lives (or take them). We can't control everything, but we can certainly determine what mood will be spread across the moments of our lives as we look back. The trick is to seek out the ups. The downs are always there too. They are screaming to be heard, and want so badly to be "Most Popular". They are not going to win that contest in my book. I refuse to lay down and let them wash over me. The beauty of the good in my life is too great to surpass for wasted moments in the bliss of self pitty. Self pitty can feel wonderful. I know, I've indulged many a time in the "I would be happier if" or "Nobody really cares", or "blah blah blah". We have all been there (and will most certainly again some time), but I am working very hard to avoid that toxicity like the plague. I'm not saying there are not appropriate times to let it all out baby, and even say those things and mean them, but they are not allowed to rule my life. I have found strength and liberation in pushing past those moments! I have found it refreshing and invigorating to instead count my blessings when all I want to do is crawl under the covers and sob until the tears run dry. I started a list several months ago when I was having difficulty turning off my brain one night, something that happens almost every night. It became a game, and I looked forward to adding to my list throughout the day. I found joy in the little things. Things as simple as using a new tube of toothpaste, or seeing a fresh roll of toilet paper on the holder. Simple, Simple, Simple things. I'm excited to come up with some new ones tonight!!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
A Fresh Start~
Posted by Allie White at 11:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment