I started writing that entry back in January.I actually posted it before I began to write this one. Interesting how I needed to read it tonight. This human experience is amazing! One minute we're on top of the world filled with hope, and the next reality comes and say's "OK, now what are you going to do"? To which I have replied "I'm going to get back up"!!!
Endurance is my current word. Endure to the end, Push through, hang on, never give up, keep moving forward, have hope!!! I do have hope. I have hope and faith. I have faith and knowledge. My knowledge is deep and sure. I know that the LORD hears my pleas, and the whisperings of my heart. I know that HE has never left me. I know that I am strong. I know that the recent goings on of my life have not been for nothing.I know the purpose is great, and I don't even know all of the details yet.
My dear friend always says that I never share anything about my trials while they are happening. Only after the fact will I share that there was a 7.2 earthquake in my life that threatened to crumble the foundations of my little world. This got me to thinking recently. Why is that? Why do I keep it in and share it only after the fact? Do I not want to appear weak? Do I want everyone to think I have it all together? Do I want to prove a point about being strong, and not complaining? Do I think what's going on isn't that big a deal? Is it not that big of a deal? Is it a huge deal and I'm afraid of making it unbearable by sharing? Or is it all going to be fine, and I know that so why go on and on about it? Still trying to figure out the answer to that one. I don't have one tonight. Well, I have several, because there isn't one clear answer to that question, but maybe it will just take too long to blog (run on sentence I know)? Perhaps.
A wise person recently told me that their being "private" about the hard things in their life probably wasn't because they want to be private, as much as it was the safest place for them to live and be. Some interesting food for thought there. I think we all do this at times. Protect ourselves and most especially our hearts from any kind of danger. It's not uncommon, and it's not weakness to be cautious of precarious situations that can lead to our demise. I hope and pray I am able to sift through the noise and find the real goal. There are eternal purposes to the things we go through. They don't end with the trial being over. Things will go wrong again. Tears will come, hearts will break a little or a LOT, and big lessons are yet to be learned. I know that to be truth. I also know that as I look back at the most recent chapter of events in my life, it is abundantly clear that there are plenty of eternal lessons to be learned.





5 comments:
Well said lady...glad your back blogging-I miss you and hope all is well in your world.
I have always admired you! You have always been faithful and strong. I don't know what you're going through, but I can assure you that I know your feelings sound familiar. My sister once told me that Heavenly Father gives certain trials to those that are faithful because He knows they can overcome. It will get better!
Yep, you have always been a strong person and whatever you are going through it sounds like you are handling it right. Thanks for the great inspiration!
I'm one that will often not tell other people when I'm having a hard time because I figure they're going through their own stuff so I don't need to add to their worries. My neighbor, though, was recently diagnosed with cancer, and when his wife and I were talking about it, I asked her if it was okay to share this news with others, and she said, "Oh yeah. We're an open book. We've learned from past experience that the more people that know, the more prayers will be given on our behalf and we can use all the prayers we can get!" I'd never thought of it that way. It made me think that sometimes our trials can be a way of helping others come closer to the Lord or even just help us to build a stronger relationship with other people. Love your thoughts and feelings. :)
I miss you Allie! I hope that all is well, hopefully we will be in touch soon!
Post a Comment